Residential Support/Shared Living
Become a Shared Living Provider -
Find the Reward
Do you want to positively impact someone’s life? LifeShare is seeking individuals and families who will open their homes and become shared living providers. Carefully selected providers help adults who have intellectual and/or developmental disabilities receive therapeutic care and live more independent lives.
LifeShare provides a strong support system for providers, including ongoing training, to nurture successful living arrangements, meaningful relationships, and to assist adults to live as independently as possible.
Shared Living Providers
Shared living is LifeShare’s residential lifestyle option for individuals with intellectual and/or developmental disabilities. LifeShare became a pioneer of the Shared Living model of residential support more than 20 years ago. Shared living providers open their homes to offer a community alternative to people with intellectual and/or developmental disabilities. Rather than living in facility-based residential settings, group homes, nursing homes or staffed residences, individuals are paired into a family setting where mutual companionship and increased self-esteem are developed. They are encouraged to be involved in the community which leads to greater independence.
What is the Focus for Home Care/Shared Living Providers?
Providers assist individuals with all aspects of daily living, including general skill building, medication management, cultivating relationships, and enjoying new life experiences. With 24-hour support in a caring home setting, individuals maximize their quality of life.
How Does LifeShare Support Providers?
LifeShare places an emphasis on quality and training to support successful home environments.
- Identifies and ensures training to support successful home environments. Training topics include, but are not limited to positive behavior support, crisis intervention and Mandt training.
- Facilitating collaboration with behavior analysts, clinicians, psychiatrists, care managers, and other team supports, as needed
- Access to more than 600 online accredited trainings
- Offers providers 24/7 access to LifeShare team members so that providers always have a resource
- Access to respite services
- Tax-free stipends
- Referral bonuses
- Tiered bonus system based on compliance measures*
- Bimonthly payments with optional direct deposit
- Individual compensation for personal care items
* May vary depending upon state specific regulations
- Advanced electronic systems reduce administrative time and are available to the care team.
- Access to a savings network for discounts on travel, movies, restaurants, entertainment and more.
- LifeShare operates in numerous states and is owned by Centene, a Fortune 100 company that supports the highest levels of accreditation and administrative support.
Becoming a home care provider is an opportunity to make a significant and positive impact in someone’s life and the chance to make a lifelong connection.
Read about one of LifeShare’s many successful shared living arrangements here.