Find the Reward of Becoming a Foster Care or Home Care/Shared Living Provider
LifeShare offers the opportunity for individuals and families to make a positive impact in someone’s life by opening their homes and becoming a Foster Care Provider or a Home Care Provider. Carefully selected Providers enable therapeutic care and independent living supports for children in the foster care system, and for adults with intellectual and/or developmental disabilities.
LifeShare offers generous stipends as well as most necessary training, tools, and ongoing support to Providers to facilitate successful living arrangements, develop meaningful relationships, and to assist youth and adults to live as independently as possible.
Foster Care Providers
Foster Care Providers welcome children into their homes. Through LifeShare Providers, youth receive a structured home setting and wraparound services. Natural supports are developed for the child by facilitating community connections and teaching independent living and vocational skills to support their transition to adulthood.
What services are provided to the child?
Foster care services include in-home family counseling, individualized therapy, case management, and independent living skill development. In addition, LifeShare services assist youth in developing positive coping skills and working towards individualized goals to enrich the child's life.
Home Care/Shared Living Providers
Shared Living is LifeShare’s residential model for individuals with intellectual and/or developmental disabilities. Shared Living Providers open their homes to offer a community alternative to facility-based residential settings, group homes, nursing homes, or staffed residences.
What is the Focus for Home Care/Shared Living Providers?
The Shared Living Model emphasizes developing mutual companionship, greater independence, increased self-esteem, community involvement and home “inclusion” for the individual.
Providers assist individuals with all aspects of daily living, including general skill building, medication management, cultivating relationships, and enjoying new life experiences. With 24-hour support in a caring home setting, individuals are able to maximize their quality of life and develop typical life routines.
How Does LifeShare Benefit and Support Providers?
Supports the creation of meaningful relationships
- Welcoming a foster child or an adult in your home can create lifelong connections.
Emphasis on quality and training to support successful home environments
- Nationally accredited by Council On Accreditation (COA)
- LifeShare offers provider oversight, reviews, and training
- Annual Mandt Training for providers and family members including initial training and ongoing recertification training
- Training in the areas of positive behavior support and crisis intervention
- Facilitating collaboration with Behavior Analysts, Clinicians, Psychiatrists, Care Managers, and other team supports
- Access to more than 600 online accredited trainings
- 24/7 access to LifeShare's Urgent Response Line
- Access to Respite Services.
Financial incentives and support
- Tax free stipends
- Referral bonuses
- Tiered bonus system based on compliance measures*
- Bimonthly payments with optional direct deposit
- Consumer payment for hygiene*
* May vary depending upon state specific regulations
- Advanced electronic systems reduce administrative time and simplify processes
- Access to a savings network for discounts on travel, movies, restaurants, entertainment and more.
- LifeShare operates in 11 states and is owned by Centene, a Fortune 200 company that supports the highest levels of accreditation and administrative support.
Becoming a Foster Care or Home provider opens the opportunity to make a significant and positive impact in someone’s life and the chance to make a lifelong connection.
How do I become a Foster Care or Home Care Provider?
Submit an Application
For Foster Care Provider Information:
- SC: 803-708-5081
- NH: 603-625-8825
- FL: 239-257-1504
For Home Care Provider Information:
- NH and MA: 603-625-8825
- FL: 239-257-1504
- ME: 207-692-2068
- GA: 912-201-3012
- SC: 803-708-5081
- RI: 401-921-6855
For Additional inquiries contact us.