Sustained stabilization requires proactive solutions. Go BeyondCrisis.
BeyondCrisis is a proactive and integrated approach to reducing behavioral health crisis and improving health plan HEDIS measures. BeyondCrisis complements health plan case management efforts for high-risk, often difficult to engage individuals.
BeyondCrisis includes preemptive diversion measures, a responsive crisis component, in-patient visits, and mobile post-inpatient discharge appointments by licensed clinicians.
Triage Clinicians, available telephonically 24x7:
- Proactively call members identified as needing additional support to maintain least restrictive community placement; and,
Deescalate ensuing crises, diverting unnecessary emergency room visits and inpatient admissions and reducing pharmaceutical interventions.
Mobile Engagement teams, comprised of a Licensed Clinician and a Crisis Intervention Specialist:
Assess and stabilize a crisis situation and take corrective action.
Facilitate linkage to appropriate community and health plan resources.
Visit members in inpatient settings to connect members with plan services.
Mobile Licensed Clinicians positively impact plan 7- and 30-day HEDIS measures with in-home visits:
- Licensed Clinicians meet with Members, post-discharge from inpatient behavioral health-related admissions, in the home or community-based settings, ensuring 7-day and/or 30-day required visits are satisfied.
Our comprehensive program reduces unnecessary emergent care costs and fosters long-term recovery from mental illness.
For more information, contact our Business Development team.
When to refer to BeyondCrisis
- Multiple mental health diagnoses
- Two or more prescribed psychoactive medications from the same class
- At risk for placement in either Psychiatric Residential Treatment Facility or Acute Inpatient Facility
- Deterioration in functioning from individual's baseline
- Barriers to accessing and/or receiving Individualized Treatment Plan services/supports
- Possible disruption in placement
- Aggression/property destruction
- Communication barriers